Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quick update and my first sewing project!

I have been busy lately! Here's an update on some of the projects in progress in the Honeybee House:

Hubby's Best Friend is getting married at the end of the month (Congrats Joe and Cin!) so I've been trying to get the creative juices flowing on some Steampunk attire to fit in with the theme of the wedding.  My mom has Hubs and I covered (you're amazing mommy!) so I have been working on Lady Bird's outfit. This is what I have so far....



The skirt and shoe cover/ruffly spats are almost done and then I just need to come up with some sort of shirt. Hmmm.......   But I can't wait to get her in it all. Gonna be Super Cute!    (Note the tool bag on the floor in the background of that last picture....evidence of another project in progress...)


I have also been crocheting like a crazy person working on a bunch of adorable photo props for my friends over at Stephanie Rose Photography. Here's a few things:






Hopefully I'll have pictures of all these worn by precious little models soon!


I'm still working on painting, DIY shelving and general decorating in the living room (as you can see from the disheveled background in most of these pictures)

I made a bunch of things for Lady Bird's Daisy Scout Ceremony, but unfortunately was so busy making them that I never got any pictures. :o(

And Finally (for now) today's project! My mom gave me her old sewing machine so I set out to try to re-teach myself the basics and learn all the new fun things I can!  For my very first project I re-purposed an old shirt of Hubs' into a summer dress for Lady Bird! It turned out super cute :o)






It's not perfect, but I'm pretty darn proud of myself! And she asked if she could wear it "all the rest of the day", so, guess she's proud of it too  :o)

I will keep you guys up on all the new progress and final pictures when they are all completed!  

What are you proud of today?

<3 Melissa

No comments: